Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A country I would like to tourist


The country that I would like to visit is Jordan. It is an Arab country located in southwest Asia. The truth is that I don’t know much about the country but I can tell more about one of its cities: Petra. A few years ago I saw a documentary and I was amazed. Since then I told myself that once in my life I hope to travel there.

Petra was the ancient capital of the Nabateans, semitic people. The city is a great architectonic site which has different buildings such as: temples, monasteries or churches carved into solid rocks. By the way, the word Petra means in latin stone. Researchers don’t know how nabatean people named the city but for the outside world the city was known as Petra. If you watch a video or see a lot of pictures the obvious question that come to your mind is how people could build something so marvellous. The same reaction should happen when you visit Machu Picchu or Taj Mahal. That`s why Petra was declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007.

Finally in relation to what would I like to work or study there I am not sure. Maybe if I study archaeology it would be great if I can work there. Of course that sounds utopian but who knows…

No comments:

Post a Comment