Monday, April 27, 2009

Career

Hello...today I`m going to talk about the career thay I`m studying: Anthropology. I'm doing my first year but I should be on second since I decided to quit last year. Anyway, I decided to study this career because I'm interested in knowing different aspects of human being and I thing this career allows me to do that. I see this science as a very useful and complete one. It has three areas of study: social anthropology, archaeology and physical anthropology
It helps people to undestand their culture in different time and space, for example archaeology focuses in past cultures by studying their remains. Anthropology answers questions like: why people act differently from others? What do they have in common? How can they change their ways of living?
Some people don't notice how helpful are these kind of studies to society and they reject social sciences, but according to my opinion I thing that their contribution can be huge.
In the next few years I will have to make use of different theories, techniques such as participant observation, and methodologies in order to make a solid and valid job.
Although I don`t know much about it, if you ask me which is my favourite subject I would say something related to medicine. It would be great if I can contribute not only in terms of theory but also in practicals: helping people to improve health issues.

Well I don't know what else to say I hope is not too boring

Bye!

3 comments:

  1. your post is very interesting , so do you want the follow physical anthropology?
    see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little error typing in the first phrase you wrote "..about the career thay.." instead of "...about the career that".
    I like your post, because is the first person that I know who wants to follow physical Anthropology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolina,
    That’s a very good blog, with your own ideas, explained in your own words and with plenty of very well structured sentences.
    I’ve just corrected some minor things:




    Career
    Hello...today I`m going to talk about the career thay I`m studying: Anthropology. I'm doing my first year but I should be IN MY second since I decided to quit last year. Anyway, I decided to study this career because I'm interested in knowing different aspects of human beingS and I thinK this career allows me to do that. I see this science as a very useful and complete one. It has three areas of study: social anthropology, archaeology and physical anthropology
    It helps people to undestand their culture in different timeS and spaceS, for example archaeology focuses On past cultures by studying their remains. Anthropology answers questions like: why people act differently from others? What do they have in common? How can they change their ways of living?
    Some people don't notice how helpful these kind of studies are to society and they reject social sciences, but according to my opinion I thinK that their contribution can be huge.
    In the next few years I will have to make use of different theories, techniques such as participant observation, and methodologies in order to make a solid and valid job.
    Although I don`t know much about it, if you ask me which my favourite subject is I would say something related to medicine. It would be great if I can contribute not only in terms of theory but also in practicE: helping people to improve health issues.

    Well I don't know what else to say, I hope THIS/IT/WHAT I’VE WRITTEN is not too boring

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete